Research and development
Research and development of products and equipment serves as the groundwork for intellectual property independence and forms one of our main corporate values.
This activity takes place in our Electrical Engineering Institute and the development departments of factories, as well as in cooperation with educational and scientific institutions.
It is also linked with the ongoing professional training and improvement of staff in all aspects of the production process.
The main characteristics of research and development are:
- An in-house research and development institute
- Scientific and research projects in cooperation with universities and other institutions
- 90% of products – resulting from in-house research and development
- Plant and equipment “know-how”
- Production technologies – in-house solutions
The most important development projects in the latest and current periods:
- Low-floor tramcar
- Electric multiple units
- Wind power plants
- Small hydro-power plants
- Distributed power supply